Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pancakes and Potato

Life has been rather CRAZY post-IKE, but one thing remains the same...I still have two adorable kids!!

Meg had an interview with Vanderbelt in Nashville and left at 6 this am. I left for work this morning at 5:30 and didn't get home until 7:00 (Dina the nanny has been great to be so accommodating), so Katelin was very happy to see me. While I was getting Tye ready for bed, I had Katelin go upstairs. She was getting a little impatient, so I had her make me some "pancakes and a chocolate shake"... I sat back down and heard her yell down to me "you want a potato?!?" I said "yes please." Well, I got Tye down after his bottle, and as I walked up stairs she said "It's ready daddy!" Sure enough waiting at the top of the stairs was Katelin all dressed up (with one shoe and one orange Halloween sock), ready for a party. We had the pancake, chocolate shake, and potato I ordered. She even added a cookie for dessert. What a thoughtful, adorable daughter.

Tye is adorable without having to say a word!! He is sitting up on his own, eating all kinds of baby food (blessing that we have two GREAT eaters), and has the best laugh and cutest dimples. He has started wrinkling his nose, squinting his eyes and sniffing on command...pretty cute. I will get a pic if I can catch it.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Oh I thought Meghan was going to Houston early in the morning and that was why you were moving cars around with John. I hope the interview went well. I think your kids are adorable too.

Anonymous said...

We spent a month at Vanderbilt doing an away rotation this year....We loved it in Nashville. There are some great churches, parks and housing choices are plentiful.

Welcome to our new blog! We thought this would be a fun way to share our pictures and lives with family and friends. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy!
Katelin celebrated her first birthday at her grandparents' house in Round Rock. We grilled hamburgers and had cake and homemade ice cream.

Katelin's one! (April 2007)
We went to the Grand Canyon for our vacation this year. We stayed in Sedona, Arizona. The mule ride was great fun! We suggest everyone seeing the Grand Canyon at least once in a lifetime.

Sedona, Arizona

Trip to the Grand Canyon- May 2007

Ready for the mule ride : )
Summer is definitely here! Katelin loves the pool.

Pool fun