Sunday, October 26, 2008

4:11

We finished in 4 hours 11 minutes. Over 35,000 runners, all just insane enough to run 26.2 miles. What a great way to end a great trip. We were thinking as we were running that we should have run earlier in the week to scope out all of the sites (but I don't think our legs would let us right now). DC is a beautiful place!!

Meg did great...she smoked her previous PR (personal record).

I did great, 100%...until mile 22 when my knee started killing me. I had to limp every 10 steps, but I did cross the finish line with Meg (At least that's what she tells me...I think I blocked that out of my memory. All I was thinking about was laying down and taking a nap...which I did on the lawn of the Marine memorial...best nap ever?)

Maybe half marathons from here on out?

Thanks to all of our friends and family that supported us through this crazy idea. Numerous babysitters for long runs, encouragers, and running partners...Thanks.

My mom was a great spectator and cheerer. She deserves a "Navigating the Metro with 60,000 other spectators" medal. Thanks mom :)

Pics to follow next week...hopefully.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see pictures. That is a big accomplishment. Congrats to both of you. Did Meghan really have a baby 6 months ago? :)

Alison said...

Congratulations! I tracked you guys and you did awesome! Love the pics.

Welcome to our new blog! We thought this would be a fun way to share our pictures and lives with family and friends. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy!
Katelin celebrated her first birthday at her grandparents' house in Round Rock. We grilled hamburgers and had cake and homemade ice cream.

Katelin's one! (April 2007)
We went to the Grand Canyon for our vacation this year. We stayed in Sedona, Arizona. The mule ride was great fun! We suggest everyone seeing the Grand Canyon at least once in a lifetime.

Sedona, Arizona

Trip to the Grand Canyon- May 2007

Ready for the mule ride : )
Summer is definitely here! Katelin loves the pool.

Pool fun