Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Election Day!

Since the election, I know many of you have been missing the opportunity to voice your opinion and have missed seeing the polls, so...I have added a poll gadget (to the left)!!

Meg and I are in the market for a more "family-friendly" vehicle as the beamer is quite small with two car-seats (a little too close for comfort with two screaming kids and luggage shoved everywhere), and Katelin is getting to big to fold up in the back seat of the truck (plus I need a little more distance from Katelin when toys get thrown from the back seat...it is outright war sometimes!).

So we have narrowed it down:

GMC Yukon: cool stylish SUV, roomy, gas guzzler, to tall for Meg to put in Tye's car-seat, expensive, ...did I mention stylish?

vs.

Toyota Sienna: not-so-cool mom-mobile, roomy, better gas mileage, perfect height for Meg to get seats into, convenient auto-opening doors, safe, ...did I mention mom-mobile (plus we swore we would never get one...teaches you not to swear, huh?!) (besides when did parenting ever have to be cool and stylish?) (all of the cool features are on the inside, right?) ...yes I am still trying to convince myself.

It may sound like we have made up our minds, but it is not too late to vote!!! Don't worry, in this election, the poll will not be tampered with and your vote WILL count (not sure what it will count for, but we will count the votes).

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey Kevin...I voted for the minivan b/c it is smart and economical....but mainly so that I could laugh at you for driving a minivan! I know, my day is coming.

Steven

Marty said...

Love the new updated pictures on the side bar. Such a cute family.

Regina said...

We said we never ever would either, but we have had our Honda Odessey for 3 years and will be buying another one next year! :) We LOVE our minivan, great for everyday in and out, carpool, soccer, dance, gymnastics, cheer etc and wonderful for our long road trips to CO and NM several times a year, carries the skis with great ease! :0) Definitely, without question go for the mini, you will never regret it! And there is plenty of time when the kiddos are older to drive a "cool" car! :)

Gina Jory said...

Bite the bullet and get the mini...we also have an Odesssy and let me tell you my friend that the wireless headphones and DVD player will be your best friend for the next 5 years. Stacy Seago got me a pink t-shirt that says I am a sexy mini van momma....I get Meg one too!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooooooooo voting for the Yukon!!! Take it for what it is worth coming from the young, hip, single girl that doesn't have worry about being responsible!!!

Regina said...

Totally agree with the DVD and wireless headphones, they are truly a God send on some days!! (and I said I would never ever, boy things change when you actually have the children!!)

Welcome to our new blog! We thought this would be a fun way to share our pictures and lives with family and friends. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy!
Katelin celebrated her first birthday at her grandparents' house in Round Rock. We grilled hamburgers and had cake and homemade ice cream.

Katelin's one! (April 2007)
We went to the Grand Canyon for our vacation this year. We stayed in Sedona, Arizona. The mule ride was great fun! We suggest everyone seeing the Grand Canyon at least once in a lifetime.

Sedona, Arizona

Trip to the Grand Canyon- May 2007

Ready for the mule ride : )
Summer is definitely here! Katelin loves the pool.

Pool fun