Sunday, May 4, 2008

Moving

Meghan finished her six weeks of maternity leave today. I know, it went by really fast, right? Ophtho residency calls her back to work tomorrow. Unfortunately, she is starting back on a 7 week rotation at MD Anderson in Houston. Good thing is, her residency provides an apartment in the med center. Bad thing, I still have my job in Galveston. We are going to be a split family for the next 7 weeks. We spent most of the weekend packing up and figuring out our family situation. Feels like we are sharing custody of our kids. Thank goodness it is only temporary. Tye is going to spend most of the seven weeks with Meghan with various family members helping out. Katelin is going to spend most of her time in Galveston with me. We just hired a Nanny who starts tomorrow (yikes!!).
Packing up...don't forget the Nana and the rocking chair!!
Home sweet home? Katelin did not want to go back into the apartment. She kept saying "no, don't like this house." I'm glad she is attached to our home.
John and Erika joined us for lunch after church. I will be calling on them to help with Mr. Mom over the next 7 weeks.
Here is our sweet friend Tara who met us for lunch on our way out of church and up to Houston.
Please pray for all of the craziness that will be our family for the next 7 weeks
...so to re-cap

...we have a Nana taking care of Tye with Meghan in Houston
...and a new Nanny taking care of Katelin with me in Galveston
...and Katelin calls Nana "Neena"
...is Katelin going to be confused, or what??

5 comments:

jenn said...

I'll be praying for y'all as you both have to be 'single parents' for a while. Tye looks like he's putting on weight like a champ now! :~) He's SO cute!!

Vicki Banta said...

Oh My Goodness! People don't have any idea what doctors go through to get their training. I will be praying for all of you. One thing for sure, y'all will never take each other for granted!

Alison said...

Tye is sooo cute! I'm sorry y'all have to be separated for a little while. I will be praying for you!

Unknown said...

Wow, I think I am confused, too! Hang in there, and I hope the next few weeks fly by so you can be reunited!
Oh, and tell Tara I LOVE the tee-shirt! :)

Shannon Burton said...

Praying for you guys... how crazy! But you will make it and will look back on this time as an awesome part of your story that God is continually weaving for the Flemmons family! We love yall...

Welcome to our new blog! We thought this would be a fun way to share our pictures and lives with family and friends. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy!
Katelin celebrated her first birthday at her grandparents' house in Round Rock. We grilled hamburgers and had cake and homemade ice cream.

Katelin's one! (April 2007)
We went to the Grand Canyon for our vacation this year. We stayed in Sedona, Arizona. The mule ride was great fun! We suggest everyone seeing the Grand Canyon at least once in a lifetime.

Sedona, Arizona

Trip to the Grand Canyon- May 2007

Ready for the mule ride : )
Summer is definitely here! Katelin loves the pool.

Pool fun